– Grease casserole dish with butter, slice the potatoes with a cucumber grater into small slices, cut the leek into fine rings, keep the dark green leek ends separate.
– Cut Tyrolean ham into tender strips. Beat eggs, salt and pepper until creamy, add lemon, white wine, chicken stock and whipped cream and stir until fluffy.
– Spread part of the potato slices in a dense layer evenly on the baking tray, pour a little bit of the egg cream over it, then a layer of leek, Tyrolean ham and thyme. Then add another layer of potato slices and cover with the same amount.
– As the last layer, decorate the reserved ends of the leeks and sprinkle with the mozarella, pour the rest of the quantity on top and evenly distribute a few flakes of butter.
– Bake the gratin in a heated oven at 175 °C in the lower third for 1 hour.
Tip: It is best to use your favorite ham – then your dish will taste twice as good!