1. finely dice the breakfast bacon.
Peel the shallots and cut half of them lengthwise into wedges. Clean the mushrooms and cut them in half lengthwise.
3. rinse chicken breast fillets, dry with kitchen roll, cut diagonally into strips about 4 cm wide, season with salt, season with pepper and dust with flour.
4. Heat 2 tbsp. clarified butter in a saucepan, fry bacon in it. Add shallot wedges, mushroom halves and meat and stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
Add red wine, 150 ml poultry stock, herb sprigs and bay spice. Cover and simmer gently for about 30 min.
6. Heat 150 ml poultry stock and 150 ml water, add long-grain rice and saffron powder and simmer for about 10 minutes with lid on. Season with salt if necessary. 7.
Remove the meat from the sauce. Pour the sauce through a sieve into a saucepan and simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes.
8. Heat 1 tbsp. clarified butter in a frying pan and fry all the shallots, mushrooms and carrots briefly. Add vegetable soup and simmer on low heat for about 6 minutes. Add to the sauce form with the meat. Season the coq au vin with lemon juice and sugar. Serve with long-grain rice.
dry, Baden, 6, 90 Euro
Our tip: Use a deliciously spicy bacon for a delicious touch!